Thank Congress for supporting afterschool and summer programs
The American Rescue Plan passed into law and includes historic amounts of funding for afterschool and summer programs
The president has signed the American Rescue plan into law, which opens up $30.35B for afterschool and summer learning programs across the United States!
The American Rescue Plan provides $121.975 billion for Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER) III. Funding available for afterschool and summer includes:
Funding to LEAs
- 20% of $109B to be spent on learning recovery (afterschool, summer, extended day or year)
- Total = $21.9B
Funding to SEAs
- $1.22B set-aside for summer
- $1.22B set-aside for afterschool programs
- 5% set aside, $6.1B, for learning recovery (afterschool, summer, extended day or year)
- Total = $8.45 billion for afterschool/summer
This targeted funding to help address the
impact of the pandemic on students is critical, however sustained
support for afterschool and summer programs also remains a priority
through continued investment in 21st Century Community Learning Centers.
Send a message of thanks to your members of Congress for recognizing the crucial role of afterschool in our students' recovery and calling on them to continue that support!